PDA

View Full Version : Adhesive tape accident - will be ok?

Adhesive tape accident - will be ok?

Matheus Garrido
07-14-2015, 03:13 PM
Hey!
last sunday my snake got stuck on a tape that I used to close tightly his viv. It was a huge mistake and I underestimate his capacities of find trouble lol.
To take him out of the tape I used warm water until the tape lose the glue. He got out by himself slowly and swimmed a little.

So, he ate at the very next day and he's drinking water, I guess.
A lot of scales are up and he doesn't get out of the hide, even at nights, when he likes to do it. Does it hurt? Can I do something for him?

DollysMom
07-14-2015, 04:13 PM
I don't know for certain, but they often shed in response to things like what you describe. His behavior may indicate he's going into blue.

hypnoctopus
07-14-2015, 04:25 PM
He should be fine. The scales should go back to normal after his next shed. The fact that he was willing to eat most likely means that he's feeling fine.

Matheus Garrido
07-14-2015, 04:56 PM
He just shed last week... can they antecipate the shed or it will take the normal time between shed to shed?
Thanks for the answers

albertagirl
07-14-2015, 05:24 PM
Yes, they can shed again sooner if it is needed for repairs to the skin. I'm not sure how significant the injury needs to be before they start doing this, but I know it's possible.

Matheus Garrido
07-14-2015, 05:44 PM
Wow, I don't knew that they body could be so... functional. That's so cool!

I hope he shed sooner, because I'm worried if he's feeling any pain...
Thanks for the answer!