PDA

View Full Version : Ignore lists?

Ignore lists?

Serpwidgets
08-22-2004, 02:23 PM
Is this supposed to make it so you don't have to wade through the posts made by people on your ignore list?

It's getting difficult to find anything that's happening on the forums today because of a single user who has posted, so far, 108 posts today. It's "slightly" obnoxious.

Khaman
08-22-2004, 02:53 PM
Serp, I am glad I am not the only that got fed up with that "user". The ignore list still lets you know they posted but just says "This message is hidden because "user" is on your ignore list". Came in real handy today.

Hurley
08-22-2004, 05:04 PM
Where's that Ignore button at?

CrazyCorn
08-22-2004, 05:08 PM
I find that user annoynig to.

Hurley
08-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Ah, found it, thanks.

Under UserCP down on the left...Buddy/Ignore Lists...

Rich Z
08-22-2004, 05:09 PM
Is this a real problem with this poster? This version of the message board software has a rather interesting feature. I can set any user to a GLOBAL ignore setting. In other words, nothing they post will be visible to anyone.

If this person is just flooding the site with frivolous posts, please let me know.

Hurley, click on the name of the poster and select View Public Profile from the dropdown menu. Then in the center of the page will be a link that says something like "Add XXXX to your ignore list".

CrazyCorn
08-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Yes he/she is flooding with annoying posts and has no use here. IMHO Rich. I think maybe a talk or something may be needed as he/she sound very young.

Serpwidgets
08-22-2004, 05:12 PM
That's cool, it at least keeps the messages from being seen. Still, it'd be nice if the forum software would not show that person's posts as the "new" posts, because it makes it more difficult to navigate.

Oh well, it's better than nothing. :)

Hurley
08-22-2004, 05:21 PM
I think he's just really, really, reallyreallyreally excited to find this place, evidently. The posts are dragging up old posts and really don't add anything. Perhaps a warning to tone it down a bit? I'd hate to drive off a new corn enthusiast, but man, it's getting tough to wade through the posts today. I think it takes me 6 months to hit 100. ;)

Rich Z
08-22-2004, 08:21 PM
I just got word from someone that the problem child was "coralchris" in disguise. I checked the IP address and sure enough. So he is gone, along with all of his posts here today.

CornCrazy
08-22-2004, 08:30 PM
WOW!!! It was axminster corn? He was actually being civil to me. Surprisingly enough after the whole "housing issue." I knew he had pulled up a bunch of old posts, but he did actually ask a few valid questions today. I am kind of surprised it was the same person...

ChaosCat
08-22-2004, 11:11 PM
Boy am I glad I missed those posts!

Serpwidgets
08-23-2004, 12:16 AM
Much better now. Thanks. :)