PDA

View Full Version : Need advice and help for Stargazer

Need advice and help for Stargazer

lenaluciadracon
08-04-2015, 11:16 PM
Hi there, I got my baby corn snake (he is a Caramel Peppermint. Then I found he can't control his neck and shaking like stargazers in the YouTube videos.

The snake is from America and I'm in China now. I already have few adult and young cornsnakes but I haven't any experience about take care of a stargazer. (as I know this gene haven't been found in China before.)

He can eat and drink but it's hard for he to control body's balance, especially when he raise his head.

So my question is, how many chance for he to grow up normally?(I'm not sure if SG may cause high rate for death?)
What can I do to reduce his symptom or make he more comfortable?

thanks a lot for your help!

jagodzinski
08-06-2015, 06:10 PM
Hello, I actually do have any experience with stargazers, but I just thought I would pass along this article that I think does a great job explaining about what is happening to snakes with SG.

http://bamboozoo.weebly.com/snakes-health-star-gazing.html

I have read of instances of SG snakes living long lives, and I hope your little guy lives a happy and comfortable life!

Good luck

jagodzinski
08-06-2015, 06:11 PM
I actually do have any experience

Sorry - should say:

I do NOT have any experience with stargazers

lenaluciadracon
08-07-2015, 12:15 PM
Thanks for you information! I will try to let it live well as a pet ^^

hypnoctopus
08-07-2015, 02:38 PM
Do you have a video of him by any chance? The stargazing gene is usually connected with the sunkissed morphs, but it's not impossible for other morphs to have it.

MysticExotics
08-07-2015, 04:09 PM
Keep in mind that dehydration can cause neuro problems as well.