• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eggs & Feed

LokiThorSifOden

Actually looking for a bit of help here.
I have a 4 year old Corn snake we rescued a few months ago. We also own a 1 year old corn a 6 month old Royal python and a 6 month old Common Boa
When we got the 4 year old corn (Who we named Thor) we were told it was a male as that is what the previous owner was told. We thought it was fat as it had hips and it was a bit squishy so we took it out plenty but wasn't going down. about last month we were surprised by two slugs in the tank and of course we were now surprised we had a female.
From the very beginning she has refused to feed with us. she has shed twice with us and both times have been perfect all in one. she poops fine she is active never changed once. She has never showed any aggression she is a good snake.

However we left her to hatch as after the slugs appeared her bum got bigger and you could now very easily feel the eggs. Still can.

She then layed another 5 eggs. however she STILL has egg bumps and just does not seem to be shifting them. All heats are fine. hot side is at 28 C and cool is at about 20.

Really worried as I don't have a vet anywhere near me at all that deals with snakes D: Please someone help. Is there anything I can do ?

Put a laybox in the tank, she may be more comfortable that way. otherwise, I believe there are videos on how to extract the eggs if you feel they are impacted or stuck.

Back