PDA

View Full Version : Regurgitation question

Regurgitation question

shaft6977
09-06-2015, 01:07 AM
I recently acquired a hatchling and fed him a F/T pinkie 3 days afterwards. He went right after it and I thought all was well. 48 hours after the feeding, I checked in on him again and saw that the bulge was seemingly gone so again, I thought all was well. Something at that point freaked him out and he struck at me. Something about me rubbing my ear on my shoulder scared him. Weird, I know. After that, he regurgitated what was left of the mouse. Fast forward to today (8 days later), and I attempted to feed him again. He acted like he wanted to eat it, but he would bite it and then let go. He did that twice, so I just left the mouse in the cup with him for 3 hours and he never ate it. Should I give him a few more days before I try again, or should I wait longer? I seem to be able to find lots of techniques for getting them to eat, but not much on how long to wait after refusal.

sian.kelly
09-06-2015, 04:09 AM
If it's eating pinkies, I'd wait another five days since that seems the norm for their feeding schedule. Don't offer too often as It could stress him out and make it worse. Also only offer half a pinkie so it's easier for him to keep it down. Or put slits in the mouse as this helps digestion. But if try some of the non-feeder techniques when you are trying to feed to try and encourage him.

Also, check your set up and temps are correct just to make sure everything there is alright [emoji4] hope that helps!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shaft6977
09-06-2015, 04:27 AM
I've got thermometers on each end, one reads 85 and the other reads 70. He seems to like to hang out in the middle of the tank most of the time. I did neglect to mention that it had been thawed and refrozen. Could that have been a factor?

sian.kelly
09-06-2015, 07:56 AM
Temps seem fine then [emoji4] could be a factor, might of been a bit of decay? Best to avoid that though, the fresher the better

shaft6977
09-06-2015, 08:58 AM
I'll go get some fresh ones today and try one of those next time. Thank you!

sian.kelly
09-06-2015, 12:26 PM
No bother [emoji4]