PDA

View Full Version : adult snake won't eat

adult snake won't eat

msmilo
10-02-2015, 02:57 AM
My 5 year old, 3 foot long female corn snake has had many digestion problems. Right now, she is refusing to eat, and has not eaten for six weeks. In the recent past she had been vomiting her meals, but she ate well over the summer. Now we're feeding her small mice (hoppers), but she won't touch them. Surprisingly, more than five weeks after her last meal, she is still occasionally releasing feces. This may indicate that she has not been eating because she still has undigested meal in her stomach. I tried changing the heat by adding an light shining above the tank, and the next day she pooped some more. But she still won't eat. I'm getting concerned. Any thoughts?

sian.kelly
10-02-2015, 05:01 AM
What are the temps in her tank? If its too hot or cool then she might not eat. Also, do you have an undertank heater? Belly heat is better for them. What is the general set up like as well?

Do you weigh her? If she's not loosing weight then she should be fine.

Try not offer food too often as it could stress her out and there's loads of topics on here with tips about feeding non eaters.

That's all I can think of, hope that at least helps a wee bit. I hope she's going to be okay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Karl_Mcknight
10-02-2015, 05:56 AM
the proper temperature is important for snake digestion.

There should be a warm side about 85 degrees, and a cool side about 75 degrees.

The tank should not be allowed to drop below 70 degrees and it should not climb above 88.

Usually when a Corn Snake is not eating and digesting properly it can be traced back to the temps. If you are sure your temps are correct, then a visit to the vet may be in order.