PDA

View Full Version : bitting

bitting

reaper
07-05-2002, 02:26 PM
hi all

last sunday my snow corn bit me and he bit me again today seems to have got very jumpy over the last week he shed a week ago and is feeding fine is it just because he is not used to be handled yet only got him a month ago.

is there anythink that i can do to help him get used to me or will it just take time?

nova
07-05-2002, 03:15 PM
handeling might just be the answer. But if you are holding it soon after feeding? that might be the cause.

SilverTongue
07-05-2002, 03:50 PM
this may sound weird, but make sure you smell the same. IE Wear perfume or not. Wash with the same stuff or not. See if you changed anyting in your appearence or smell. If none of that is the answer then get one of your sox you have worn (now dont be mean LoL ) and put it in the cage with it. It will help it continue to get use to your smell when you are not handeling it

greasychips
07-28-2002, 11:15 AM
:cool:

if u do handle it just after feeding then of course it will get a bit angry butif u don't then maybe it is coz don't handle it enough and he doesn't know u, try putting a unwashed peice of clothing in, like a sock, so he gets 2 know ya :D

herpcrazy
07-28-2002, 09:06 PM
I read that if you put on rubber gloves it wont like the taste and shouldnt bite you more than once also it will protect your hands:)

Vedica
07-31-2002, 03:45 AM
Is your snake a baby? A lot of neonates will bite, esp. corns. Brazilian rainbows are far worse--as babies they bite anything that moves. A baby corn biting you does not hurt--it startles you more than anything else. If you are concerned about this, you should place a piece of cloth, or your hand over the snake, gently though, and pick it up. Pretty soon they will calm down. In larger snakes, a pretty sure-fire way to get bit is to have your hands smell like their food items, or bother them while in shed. I don't think the corns care about your personal preference toward perfume, unless its eau de funk de le ratton. I only got bit about 12 times today--
:D