PDA

View Full Version : How often should I feed? D :

How often should I feed? D :

Xx_sw3ga_xX
10-10-2015, 11:38 AM
I got my new two year-old corn, Steven, last Tuesday (September 29), and this is my very first time owning snakes, but there's something I'm not sure about. The store that I got Steven from feeds their snakes every 7 days... But everything else says to wait a bit longer to feed. Should I start extending feeding period another week or a few days longer? I feed him every Saturday.

hypnoctopus
10-10-2015, 11:51 AM
For his age, every 7 days is fine. You could stretch it to every 10, but every 7 is a lot easier to remember. How much does he weigh?

Xx_sw3ga_xX
10-10-2015, 11:57 AM
For his age, every 7 days is fine. You could stretch it to every 10, but every 7 is a lot easier to remember. How much does he weigh?

Also, I haven't weighed him yet because I don't know where my scale went
>.< I'll try to find it before I feed him

Oscarsdad
10-10-2015, 01:36 PM
I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was three times a day...then I realized this was about your snake....LOL....

A snake can live for up to a year without eating....now...that's pushing it...but I only mention it to show you have a lot of leeway....however, never neglect providing water....

Oscarsdad
10-10-2015, 01:43 PM
BTW: I can't believe it...but the new fully grown wild snake didn't eat last night....last thing I expected...

Oscarsdad
10-10-2015, 01:50 PM
I saw the title of this thread and my first thought was three times a day...then I realized this was about your snake....LOL....

A snake can live for up to a year without eating....now...that's pushing it...but I only mention it to show you have a lot of leeway....however, never neglect providing water....

I have a newborn now...and I like to feed them once a week....my big snakes are lucky if they get fed once a month....it's really up to the snake...and how heavily you feed when you do...

Xx_sw3ga_xX
10-10-2015, 08:21 PM
I have a newborn now...and I like to feed them once a week....my big snakes are lucky if they get fed once a month....it's really up to the snake...and how heavily you feed when you do...

The pet store I got my snake from seems to feed their snakes a lot and very often.

Speaking of the pet store, I'm going back tomorrow to get a baby corn : D

Oscarsdad
10-12-2015, 04:59 PM
The pet store I got my snake from seems to feed their snakes a lot and very often.

Speaking of the pet store, I'm going back tomorrow to get a baby corn : D

Yeah...they don't usually sell that many full grown snakes....and once a week is good for babies...but it really doesn't bother the big guys to eat once a month....and you kinda have to pamper the little guys....while the big guys eat big meals and stuff themselves....My rat snakes eat rats that are nearly 10" long....and 3 times bigger around than them....I'm serious .....these rats are HUGE!!!!!
And they do it....just saying.....