PDA

View Full Version : My cornsnake doesnt like confrontation

My cornsnake doesnt like confrontation

RyanTheFishGuy
11-01-2015, 08:10 PM
Hey!
So when I feed my Cornsnake, She wont eat it out of my hand, I have to prop is up infront of her hide, and she will eat it on her way in/out. Is it normal that she runs away from it when I try to feed her?

Robb8090
11-01-2015, 08:50 PM
I know with Kirby, who is still only 3 months old mind you, he won't eat right out of my hand or just pick up a pinkie for the Viv. I have to do a zombie mouse dance using a pair of tongs until he takes the first bite

XenDrgn
11-02-2015, 10:07 AM
That is normal. A lot of corns, especially young ones, don't like to eat while being seen.

daddio207
11-02-2015, 10:09 AM
Every snake has their own personality and will have their own particularities when it comes to eating. Every time a add a snake to my collection one of the first things a have to learn is his/her eating habits. I now know that Bobby will gently take the mouse from my hand where Barry must be fed with tongs or he will eat my finger. Carma needs to be coaxed into eating. Blondie wants to eat in private and George likes to roam outside his tub before eating. I got a few kings that will launch themselves at me and all the sand boas pop out of their hiding spot so fast that it still takes me by surprise Haha......
That's just a few examples :)