PDA

View Full Version : Whats with her nose?

Whats with her nose?

CornsAustria
11-10-2015, 01:01 AM
Hey
I have a bunch of het. scaleless babies this year and one gets a very strange nose - i think there no nostrils anymore... please help me
she gets out of her egg very normal.. she's the best feeder from this clutch and her nose became very strange next to the last shed. she can sneeze, there must be nostrils anywhere but i can't see it anymore.
first pic out from egg, then after second shed and then a few picture from today
thank you a lot !

daddio207
11-10-2015, 03:11 AM
The last pic looks like stuck shed. The 2nd and 3rd to last look like possible scale rot or a wound healing from nose rub. I'd try a triple or double antibiotic ointment with no pain killer (whatever's available there) and dab a very small amount on the nose. Hopefully it is just stuck shed and she'll rub it off if you keep the nose moist. You could also wet your pointer finger and thumb, hold her head, and again very gently see if you can remove the stuck skin.
Good luck :)

daddio207
11-10-2015, 03:15 AM
Oh, what's with the small lump on the body at the bottom of pic 2 ?

CornsAustria
11-10-2015, 06:14 AM
thats a mouse, its a 'after feeding pic' ;)
thanks for your reply - i have tried but theres no shed on the nose, it feels hard and 'crusty'

CornsAustria
11-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Daddio you're my hero :)
I cleaned the nose with warm water and 'rubber' a bit - so now an old skin is off

daddio207
11-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Awe Thanks !! :cheers:

It's this little lump I was referring too ;)

CornsAustria
11-10-2015, 11:08 AM
yes, this is a mouse leg or something else from the babymouse ..
here another picture from the same only other perspectiv
its looking weard but there is only a bad photo moment ;)

daddio207
11-10-2015, 01:48 PM
That mouse must of been built like a kangaroo Haha :)