PDA

View Full Version : Regarding regurge protocol

Regarding regurge protocol

spacetiger110
11-13-2015, 06:10 AM
So, Rocky regurged on Monday. I thought it was kind of odd because he was fed on Thursday, but I digress.

Monday will be 7 days from regurge and 10 days from feeding. I assume I should wait until Thursday to feed him?

Now, the real point of this thread. In the regurge protocol, Joejr14 says, "...eating. For example, if your snake is on fuzzies and regurgiated, drop down and feed pinkies." He then says to read Kathy Love's regurge protocol.
In Kathy Love's protocol, she first says, "...get a newborn frozen pinky and cut it in half (or cut off just the head)..." but then later says, "...and then only feed something that was about 1/2 the size (or less) of what she regurged."

Rocky is on double pinks. He only regurged one of the two pinks from his last meal. What should I be feeding him at his next feeding?

sian.kelly
11-13-2015, 06:35 AM
Just feed him one pink to be on the safe side [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

spacetiger110
11-13-2015, 06:40 AM
I definitely wasn't going to feed him any more than that, but the stuff about half pinks made me unsure.
Thank you!

MysticExotics
11-13-2015, 12:55 PM
I believe that Kathy's article was written in reference to babies that are eating pinkies, as these are usually the size that are going to regurge. Not saying that larger ages won't, just that these are the most common.
If your snake regurged the second one, or part of the second one, to me, that would indicate that it is too much for your snake to digest.
I would follow Kathy's protocol to a "T", starting with half a day old pinkie, and the NutriBAC.

How much does your baby weigh?

spacetiger110
11-13-2015, 12:56 PM
He was 22g before his last feeding.

MysticExotics
11-13-2015, 01:17 PM
Does he show signs of going into shed? That might have been what caused it.
If not, then my next guess would be temps are possibly too warm or too cool.

spacetiger110
11-13-2015, 01:21 PM
Yeah, it was the temps. When I woke up Monday morning, the uth was unplugged (I blame my 1yr old son) and the warm side was at 65F. Monday afternoon when I went to take him out for his handling, I found the regurge.

MysticExotics
11-13-2015, 01:57 PM
Sorry to hear that. At least you know the reason.
Follow Kathy's regurge protocol every step. Regurges are very hard on their system.
You do not want a repeat of this. It can become very serious.

spacetiger110
11-13-2015, 03:24 PM
Right, that's the plan. But that's also the question. She says two things. You think I should do half a pink, MysticExotics?

spacetiger110
11-21-2015, 01:56 PM
Thursday was 10 days from regurge, so I tried feeding him one 1.5 gram f/t pink. He was not interested in the least. Last night, I gave him a live newborn pink to no avail. I am starting to wonder if he may be in shed and I missed the blue phase since he's always hiding. I mean, literally the only time I see him is when I lift one of his hides and take him out for feeding or handling.

Does this seem likely? Should I keep trying other ways to get him to eat, or give him more time? I'm really starting to worry about him.