PDA

View Full Version : 3 weeks and no poo

3 weeks and no poo

nicolefowler2005
11-20-2015, 04:04 PM
So I've had Bella for 3 weeks now, she's been feeding great and I havnt seen any poo at all!! Could I be missing it or is something else going on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jagodzinski
11-20-2015, 06:11 PM
I wouldn't worry too much - it is likely with a tiny snake you are just missing it. Are you using aspen? That would hide the poo very well.

If she truly is constipated, a warm bath and a VERY gentle massage can help things move along. If it goes on for a while, however, I might call your vet to get a professional opinion.

jagodzinski
11-20-2015, 06:14 PM
Also - check around the vent area, is it bulging and swollen or does it look regular?

nicolefowler2005
11-20-2015, 06:46 PM
The vent area looks normal and I do use aspen so maybe I'm just not seeing it!! I also think she's about to shed soon so maybe that has something to do with it too!! I unfortunately have called every vet within 50 miles and no one will deal with snakes it's ridiculous but I am in Maine

crosbybeast12
11-20-2015, 06:57 PM
The vent area looks normal and I do use aspen so maybe I'm just not seeing it!! I also think she's about to shed soon so maybe that has something to do with it too!! I unfortunately have called every vet within 50 miles and no one will deal with snakes it's ridiculous but I am in Maine

Mine can go weeks without a poo and will usually do it after a shed. A long soak in water may help as most of my snakes will sit in there water bowl for a day or so then poo. Give it another week

more on twitter @skythegsd

nicolefowler2005
11-20-2015, 08:30 PM
Another week without holding her I might die [emoji24]

Karl_Mcknight
11-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Corn snakes love to poop in a warm bath. You could place her in a small tub with enough warm water to come about half way up her sides. (Don't completely cover her, she will have to swim.) The water should be warm, not hot. Put a lid on the bowl so she can't get out. Rufus will usually poop within 5 minutes if I do this.

nicolefowler2005
11-20-2015, 10:02 PM
Hmmm I will try that thank you!!

Rigby & Marcy
11-22-2015, 10:10 PM
I used to worry about my snakes not pooping but honestly it's not a big deal. Especially Marcy, who takes FOREVER to shed, she holds her poop whiles she's blue too. If you search my early posts on this forum they're probably mostly freaking out about Marcy not pooping. ;)

nicolefowler2005
11-22-2015, 10:50 PM
Lol she is in blue right now so that's probably it!! I guess I need to learn to relax and not worry so much!! It's been sooooo hard for me to leave my little girl alone while she's blue!! It's so weird to see her so lazy and basically invisible since she's hiding all the time and doesn't even come out to say hello anymore!!

mishima25
11-23-2015, 11:10 AM
Just a bit of patience. She'll be back to her self once she sheds. And you'll get to see those vivid colors they have when just shed. They usually hold their poop, and then shed and poop come together.
I guess you have seen it before, but if not, it's great to catch them shedding. Some people never see it, some do all the time. I hope you are lucky.