PDA

View Full Version : Shed issues

Shed issues

nicolefowler2005
12-20-2015, 08:06 PM
So Bella has been in blue for a little over a week. I just looked in her cage and she is finally shedding but she is for the first time having trouble getting it off!! Usually she has no problem at all but for some reason this time it came off her head but is stuck right behind it! Should I step in or just give it a while? She has a humid hide in each side of her viv and a little pool to wade in if she wants

Nicole

nicolefowler2005
12-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Nevermind she got it off like 2 minutes after I wrote all this lol

Nicole

Karl_Mcknight
12-20-2015, 10:31 PM
I've helped Rufus shed before. They don't seem to mind the help if they need it. In fact this last shed, Rufus had a piece that broke off at his tail and he could not get it off, so I peeled it off for him and he actually sat very still in my lap while I did it.

nicolefowler2005
12-20-2015, 10:48 PM
So it wouldn't hurt her in any way? That's good to know in case this happens with either of my girls in the future!! I know it's off topic but how in the heck am I supposed to get my girls to be still and straight to get an accurate length?

Nicole

Karl_Mcknight
12-21-2015, 12:13 AM
you won't be able to do that. You can measure the shed if it comes off in one piece and get a fairly accurate measurement. There is an app called "Serpwidgets" that can be accessed online that allows you to fairly accurately measure your snake as well. Just follow the on screen instructions. (link below)

http://serpwidgets.com/main/measure

nicolefowler2005
12-21-2015, 08:58 AM
Thank you so much

Nicole