PDA

View Full Version : Food lump.

Food lump.

richie_irl
08-27-2004, 03:52 PM
How long should the lump stay in the snakes belly after feeding.Reason I ask is that it usually lasts only two days but this time its nearly 4.
Now the snake is usually fed one pinkie every 7 days but this time I defrosted 2 by mistake so I thought what the hell if she eats 2 then fine.She ate the two no problem but Im worried that I fed her too much.Tonight I gave her a bath as I usually do and straight away she pooped.The lump looked smaller after her doing this.She seems to be herself and is not acting any differently.
Should I be worried??
Thanks
Richie.

CAV
08-27-2004, 04:23 PM
When you overfeed a snake, it normally regurges the portion that it was unable to digest. Husbandry conditions can also affect the length of time a snake takes to fully digest a meal. The warmer the temps, the quicker the digestion.

IMO, give it a few days and everything should be fine.

Jicin
08-27-2004, 04:51 PM
*Puts snake in microware* :D

Don't worry. When i just had them the pet store owner sold me way to big pinkies. Since i didn't know any better i fed them. I didn't see them for 6 days :D

richie_irl
08-27-2004, 06:56 PM
Looks like it regurged a portion of undigested food about an hour ago.The lump is gone now so hopefully she`ll be ok.
Richie

Skye
08-27-2004, 07:03 PM
Sorry to hear that your snake failed to digest all of its meal.
Don't feed it now for 10 days to allow it to recover from the stresses of having to regurg some of its meal. Then go back to feeding one pinkie at a time for the next few feedings.

richie_irl
08-27-2004, 08:34 PM
Its never had a problem with eating before.Do you think it was because I gave it too much?
It was recommended by the breeder that 1 pinkie was enough at a time for her but because I accidently defrosted 2 I gave them to her.Hope I havent put her off feeding now :shrugs:

dutchsnake
08-28-2004, 07:44 AM
My snakes normally digest a pinky within 4 days.

Skye
08-28-2004, 07:16 PM
What might be fine for one snake can sometimes be too much for another. Just like humans they all have different amounts of food that they can cope with at any one feeding session.
Leave her for long enough and I'm sure she'll be hungry again,
Good Luck

newt
08-28-2004, 09:33 PM
I feed my female two juveniels mice like usual, but she regurged one of then a day later. I waited the ten days then she ate ok after that, I feed her a hopper after that just to be sure it would stay down.