PDA

View Full Version : Need website recommended for ordering mice.

Need website recommended for ordering mice.

Timmeh___
02-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Hey guys, my snake prism is now nearing 10 - 11 months or so and she is weighing in at 54 grams. Which means in turn that she is going to need bigger mice. The mutton chart says hoppers, however my local pet shot doesn't sell hoppers. Anyone have any online place that they regularly order their mice from? I understand that I easily can find myself a website but I was just wondering if there was any website that is best.

As a side note, Im feeding her regular fuzzies every 6 days for the next few weeks so that i can give her some time to grow a little more.

Thanks everyone!

Karl_Mcknight
02-26-2016, 06:00 PM
according to the chart a hopper is a mouse that weighs 9 to 12 grams.

PetsMart sells "Arctic Mice Brand" already packaged as Small, Medium and Large and Jumbo. If you look at the "Net Weight" per box, you will find the Appropriate weight you are looking for, they just call it something different. The Boxes marked "Small Mice" are actually hoppers.

Anyway, if you still want to order in bulk online, here are 2 links that most people seem to like:

https://www.laynelabs.com/frozen-mice
http://www.rodentpro.com/products.asp

Distaff
02-26-2016, 06:50 PM
Big fan of Big Cheese, here. Beautiful mice.
I know of several others who really like that source as well.
Last I looked they were having a $29 shipping special, which is a good deal for quick delivery on dry ice.

Zombiegirl
02-27-2016, 01:57 PM
I really like Layne Labs as I can order smaller quantities of different types as I have 6 snakes of varying sizes. The only one I buy from PetSmart for is my hognose because he is a snob and will only eat the Arctic brand, and given that he was off food for months, I don't want to rock the boat. It will likely vary for you as far as your location and the cost of shipping, etc.

insomniac101
02-27-2016, 07:17 PM
A couple that I have used, and have been happy with:

The former Loxahatchee Rodents, now called Perfect Prey. Their site is www.perfectprey.com

The best frozen feeders I've ever bought come from a private hobbyist / breeder in Topeka, Kansas, by the name of Kelly Haller. He doesn't have a website, but regularly advertises on Rich's other site, Fauna.

You can contact Kelly by email at kelhal56@hotmail.com. The only problem I ever had with Kelly is that he doesn't offer frozen rats larger than pinks. He has a lot of large constrictors, and keeps most of his rats to grow for his own snakes. His mice are outstanding quality though, and usually readily available.

Layne Labs is another good one, but I stopped using them only because the shipping cost from California to my home in Michigan got way too expensive. Probably will be the same issue with you, as I can see that you're in Ohio. It may not be too bad in small quantities, but I usually buy 700-1000 feeders at a time,

Kathy