PDA

View Full Version : Can you get health insurance for a snake

Can you get health insurance for a snake

hewettthing
03-01-2016, 06:15 PM
I live in edmonton Canada and was wondering if any of you knew or know of pet insurance company's that would cover corn snakes ? @nd If so what would be the price range monthly I don't want protection from accidents becaise I keep my snake super safe but just in case of illness .... any answers would super help .
Thxs

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

DollysMom
03-01-2016, 06:32 PM
It does appear that in the US you can get it. Learn something every day. You have to call for a quote so I can't get a price.

https://www.petinsurance.com/enroll/Quote1.aspx

I have no idea about Canada

kdickens
03-04-2016, 05:54 AM
Just so happens that's our insurance company! House/Auto .... corn snake? Hmmm.

DollysMom
03-04-2016, 09:16 AM
You're in good hands ...oops no hands!

kdickens
03-05-2016, 01:47 AM
That's All State ... you're in good hands with them! But with Nationwide ... well, they're on my side.

DLena
03-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Did anyone Check contact them for pricing and what they cover? How many people have actually needed a vet and what was the cost?

Karl_Mcknight
03-05-2016, 07:13 PM
I've had 5 snakes over 40 years, and I think I've gone to the vet 3 times and probably spent about 300 dollars in Vet bills.

Personally, I think it would be silly to purchase insurance on a snake, unless you run a zoo or a breeding operation and you depend on hundreds of snakes for your income.

The average corn snake only costs about 50 bucks, and the odds of going to a vet are slim.

I'll take my chances and pay the bills as they come.

DollysMom
03-05-2016, 07:29 PM
That's All State ... you're in good hands with them! But with Nationwide ... well, they're on my side.

Lol, I was just going for the "snakes have no hands" joke. Regrettably I know all these insurance slogans. I must watch too much TV, or something... :eek: