PDA

View Full Version : Feeding/Poop question

Feeding/Poop question

jzal8
08-29-2004, 03:56 PM
Hey...I'll be feeding my new snake for the second time now, but I have two questions to ask before i do. The first is that it has been 6 days since the first time I fed him, and he hasnt pooped. Should I wait to feed now or can this be normal. My second question is how should i set up the feed box. The first time i fed him in his viv and now I want to get in that habit of feeding in another container. Ive got a little ready made container...i just want to do this so that he will be confortable enough for me to watch and take picture. Should i put a hide in? Thanks. :wavey:

Jicin
08-29-2004, 04:12 PM
I'd give her a little bath just to be sure. The water should feel slighty cold to you. Leave her there for about 10 15 minutes. She'll probably defecate.

Feeding outside the viv shouldn't be a problem. Use a paper towel on the bottom and just lock her up with the prey. Darken up the eara outside it if needed. I found that if i provide a hide she just moves into it and ignore the food. Take pictures when youre sure shes comferable. You wouldn't want to scare her to much the first time.

jzal8
08-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Thanks alot, ill try the bath...and We'll see what happens with the feed, ill feel out the situation i guess

jzal8
08-29-2004, 07:05 PM
hmmm the bath didn't really help too much. Any ideas??

Flygning
08-29-2004, 07:24 PM
Are you positive he didn't poop? Sometimes they'll do it underneath their hides, or under the substrate, and it isn't always apparent from the smell that they've already gone.

jzal8
08-29-2004, 09:42 PM
well i guess i cant be real sure then unless i dig through. this is gonna suck haha

MegF.
08-29-2004, 10:45 PM
It dries pretty fast, so it's not really messy. I'm sure that it's probably hidden in the substrate and you're not finding it. I thought mine hadn't pooped when I first got her, and it was there mixed in with the aspen. If they're feeding on pinkies, the poops are pretty small anyway.