PDA

View Full Version : Xerxes Update/weight?

Xerxes Update/weight?

Warthog32332
03-14-2016, 10:35 PM
So I don't know if anyone remembers a while back I received my first ever cornsnake from BHB Reptiles, a Charcoal Corn, He's happy and healthy now excepting for some stuck tail shed which I have a combat plan for later this week, however I was noticing his size lately and wondering if this is a normal average healthy weight for a nearly half-year old snake or if he is overweight. Some input would be applied, I intend to handle him more over the coming week hoping to increase his exercise.

Warthog32332
03-18-2016, 10:24 PM
Anyone have anything?

sian.kelly
03-19-2016, 03:52 AM
Might need better pictures for straight above, snake stretched out more and good lightning but he doesn't look underweight. There is no right weight and size for snakes so two snakes of the same age can be totally differently sizes and still healthy. Underweight corns tend to be triangular in shape, with a protruding spine. Heathy corn should be kinda square and like a load of bread, with good muscles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DollysMom
03-20-2016, 01:11 PM
I'm surprised that at 1/2 a year he is still on pinkies. How much does he weigh? It is difficult to overfeed a growing snake. Generally the more you feed the more they grow. However it is possible to grow them too fast which I believe it unhealthy. My Cleo is just going on 7 months old and weighs 45 grams. I feed her a 6 gram fuzzy every 6 days except in shed. That is just an example because they all grow at their own pace. If they are rounded on top and flat in the bottom, the so called loaf of bread shape, that's a sign of a healthy weight.

From what I can see Xerxes looks great! He's a handsome boy.