PDA

View Full Version : Green Ribbon and Japanese Rat Snake babies

Green Ribbon and Japanese Rat Snake babies

arex83
03-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Two other members of my animal house, a male Western green ribbon named Fiji and a male Elaphe climacophora named Nobu. Both are still pretty young. You can see Fiji is quite piggish :) And I look forward to Nobu growing into his colors. For now he's a little drab, but still a fun one to handle.

daddio207
03-29-2016, 10:56 AM
NICE!

It's so cool how much the Japanese Rat Snakes change from hatchlings to adults.
I keep 4 species/morphs of Asian beauty/rat snakes.

arex83
03-29-2016, 11:37 AM
NICE!

It's so cool how much the Japanese Rat Snakes change from hatchlings to adults.
I keep 4 species/morphs of Asian beauty/rat snakes.

Thank you! I would love if he just developed some stronger olive green tones, but I've seen a lot of very blue Kunashir rats. How do you keep your Asian rats? I hear the Japanese rat likes decent humidity but lower temps. One day I will get a VBB...I'm in love with those. Actually I love all the Asian beauties (snakes, that is ;)) Which four do you have?

daddio207
03-29-2016, 12:49 PM
Love all the Asian beauties too ;) LOL
I have juvi and adult T- albino Moquard's Their yellow is stunning.
I also have Taiwan beauty's het albino sub-adults
Albino Japanese beauty rat and a normal.
Also a Trinket snake.

I keep all of them except for the normal Japanese in rack systems. They are in tubs in the cooler spots in the racks. I used to keep large water bowls but found that they made a mess and caused to much moisture so now I keep small bowls and add a larger one only during shed cycles.
The normal Japanese is in a custom show Viv.

daddio207
03-29-2016, 01:05 PM
Full body shot of a Moquard's. The pic is making his skin look bluish but is really white. The Japanese beauty rat in her custom Viv saying hi to Teddy :)

DollysMom
03-29-2016, 04:03 PM
Beautiful Daddio. Love your snakes. Great pictures. Thanks.

arex83
03-29-2016, 06:06 PM
Wow...your Mocquards.....

Can you post pics of your trinket too? I think that will be my next snake!

DollysMom
03-29-2016, 06:26 PM
I just realized the first pics were yours, arex83, so daddio got some credit for yours too. So just to cover myself here, all these snakes on this thread are awesome. I love seeing them. Thanks for sharing.