PDA

View Full Version : hungry critter

hungry critter

niki
08-31-2004, 08:03 AM
All myhatchlings are doing great and one particular little guy has n extreme appetite how many days should i leave between feeding him he wants seconds.

mugsydugsy04
08-31-2004, 09:45 AM
corn also. i usually feed him once every three days or so, but this weekend i fed him on saturday and then again on sunday because he continued to slither around in hunt mode and seemed pretty hungry. i gave him the smaller of the pinkies i have in my freezer. i DO not do this on a regular basis, it's just a one time thing because for a few days i had difficulty finding a store that had pinkies. soooo...my recommendation to you is to give this hungry little snake one pinkie every two to three days, he should be fine. what makes you think he is still hungry? i'm assuming that your hatchlings are in separate enclosures? i'd recommend it, at least for feeding you should give them mouse one at a time in a separate tank so that your glutton serpent doesn't steal all the other babies dinners :(

marg
08-31-2004, 12:07 PM
hiya :wavey:

I think I am right in saying it would be better to give him 2 pinkies every 4 or 5 days rather than feed him every 2 or 3 days............he needs at least 2 days to digest..............feed him too often and you probably will never see him cos he's busy digesting all the time (which is not good for him)

Help!.... more experienced herps please help explain it better than i did.

thank you

niki
09-01-2004, 09:43 AM
thanx for the replies. Out of all my hatchlings yet i have never had such a good eater he is great. Its hard not to get attached before i rehome them. Another hatchling strikes at the pinky and takes it straight out of your hand. Here is a pic of greedy guts.

Ulster-Redneck
09-01-2004, 02:13 PM
hi i have to agree with marg.2 pinks every 4>5 days.looking at your picture he/she could handle 2 no prob.( nice hatchling looks just like the one i got 4 wks ago he's taking small fuzzies so 2 pinks is no prob.)

niki
09-02-2004, 09:42 AM
heres the folks havin a snack.