PDA

View Full Version : Just Popped in to Say Hello!

Just Popped in to Say Hello!

mburduck
09-01-2004, 12:33 PM
I just signed up as a member and thought I'd say hello.

At the present time I only have one corn snake (a year-old male Sunglow Motley) and I must say I've really enjoyed my experience to date. This guy was my first snake, and I'm looking forward to the day when I get a few more. I think my next one might be a "traditional" Okeetee or a Miami. We shall see!

I'm glad to be here and I look forward to learning from you more experienced folks!

All the best,

Mike

Adrienne
09-01-2004, 02:26 PM
:wavey: Hi Mike

brownie55
09-01-2004, 03:35 PM
Hi Mike. Bet ya can't own just one.... :cheers:

mburduck
09-01-2004, 05:59 PM
Thanks, guys!

I like the beer mugs (and the Latin) Brownie55!

All the best,

Mike

Susan
09-01-2004, 09:18 PM
Another corn snake addict hooked! Welcome Mike!

dovetailthis
09-01-2004, 11:12 PM
Good to see another Tennessean.

You in Middle Tennessee by chance?

Later,
Aaron

Skye
09-02-2004, 11:21 AM
Hi Mike and welcome :)

mburduck
09-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Aaron,

Yep! I'm in Cookeville.

All the best,

Mike

CornCrazy
09-03-2004, 07:05 PM
Welcome Mike! There are several of us from Tennessee on this forum. dovetailthis and I live a half an hour from each other...and less than 2 hours West of you.

Before you get addicted to this hobby of ours, let me ask you if you know about all of the weird TN laws? You have to have special permits for buying indigenous snakes out of state, and also permits for breeding/selling indigenous species. If you need any info on the laws, then please let me know. I'll be more than happy to coach you through them.

Of course...you could just buy your snakes from me, and then you wouldn't have to worry about the importation permit :p LOL!

Bekah
09-04-2004, 02:56 AM
Hello and welcome Mike! I hope you enjoy this site as much as the rest of us do! There's a lot of great people here and this is also a very good place for seeking information and opinions! Enjoy!

mburduck
09-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Thanks again, folks!

I've been briefed on the laws, Terri, and they don't seem all that nefarious to me. I'll be sure to get in touch with you in the event I have any questions, though. I'm not planning on becoming a breeder of these snakes (I know many of you might find this hard to believe!) as I don't have the room. I figure if I own a few of them that will do just fine.

Looking forward to learning more about our favorite snakes!

All the best,

Mike

CornCrazy
09-04-2004, 05:41 PM
The worst part is having to keep up with everything...that takes quite a bit of time. I just know a lot of people who have gotten into snakes and didn't realize that there are laws governing them. I just thought I'd mention it...just in case.

CAV
09-04-2004, 05:49 PM
Terri, you should know that most of TN is oblivious to anything this time of year. Too much orange on the brain! :cheers:

BTW, did you Rocky-Toppers ever get the state's budget figured out????

CornCrazy
09-04-2004, 05:57 PM
Terri, you should know that most of TN is oblivious to anything this time of year. Too much orange on the brain! :cheers:

BTW, did you Rocky-Toppers ever get the state's budget figured out????Well...I must be the only Tennessean who doesn't give a flip about UT. I've been to a few of their games, but it was nothing special for me. I DO, however, give a flip about the Titans! Talk about them and you'll have me listening!

To be honest, I gave up on the state budget thing. Besides, I've been too busy to watch TV to find out what (if anything) was decided...I've been working some VERY long hours. By the time I get home, I just have time to clean some cages and then head to bed.

dovetailthis
09-05-2004, 11:41 PM
CAV,

HUNTER orange is also pretty popular around this time of year in TN. It's already open season on squirl and dove. We have to jump through the same TWRA hoops for both forms of animal appreciation (hunting and collecting).

I find it ironic how people who kill animals have such love, respect, and appreciation for them at the same time.

I don't want to get any liberals on my back about hunting now. Just the same, I don't want PETA getting onto me about caging animals.

It is a real shame that polotics have to get involved with our hobbies. Better to go back to football talk.

Later,
Aaron

CAV
09-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Dovetail,

Dove opened here this weekend. FWIW, during your political stump you forgot to mention the AWB sunset this week. :twoguns:

I give TN a hard time but I used to live in Franklin. I drove through there in August and realized how much I missed it, especially in the fall and spring.

BTW, before I forget to mention it Terri, THANKS FOR EDDIE GEORGE!!!!! :dancer:

Cody60
09-06-2004, 01:48 AM
heya mike, and welcome!

CornCrazy
09-06-2004, 04:25 AM
No problem, CAV. In my opinion, Eddie is not in his prime anymore, anyway. I honestly do not think he is that great of a player (anymore...he used to be great)! I don't see that he did much for us over these past couple of years or so.

Enjoy our leftovers :bird: LOL!

teddybear
09-06-2004, 08:27 AM
corn crazy im from nc what kind of corn is that

CornCrazy
09-06-2004, 09:13 AM
It's a jungle corn...a hybrid between a California king snake and a corn snake.

rouge
09-11-2004, 11:10 PM
sayng howdy from texas