PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane Francis

Hurricane Francis

surfrkidTS
09-03-2004, 11:36 AM
ITS COMING! AHHH. Rich, i was wondering what you do when hurricanes come your way. Take everything in the basement and hide? I've been following the storm via ABC News and the Weather Channel, and the media is making it look pretty big. I hope everyone in florida will b ok :awcrap:

CrazyCorn
09-03-2004, 07:31 PM
So far so good here, I am in the path right by the eye on the east coast. I wish it would just pass on already.

Rich Z
09-04-2004, 06:31 PM
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pics/frances_090404_625pm.gif

CAV
09-04-2004, 06:41 PM
At least this one gave you Floridians more than enough time to seek a safer place to hunker down.

Quigs
09-06-2004, 12:25 AM
Wonder how all of our floridian friends faired/are fairing with the storm?

Quigs

CAV
09-06-2004, 12:31 AM
Rich posted an update on Fauna (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=166085#post166085) a couple of hours ago. He said that the first rain bands had moved thru and a tree had snapped the cable line to the house.

Quigs
09-06-2004, 01:04 AM
Ouch, I hope that's the worst of it for him! Hope everyone else is safe too! I keep thinking of Stephen Roylance. House and reptile building torn up in Charley, trying to pick up the pieces and now another HUGE storm!

I'm not a religious man but my thoughts and worries are definately with everyone down there in the path.

Quigs

Adrienne
09-06-2004, 01:07 PM
I'm not a religious man but my thoughts and worries are definately with everyone down there in the path.

Quigs

Same here, god bless you all and keep you safe

Rich Z
09-06-2004, 03:21 PM
The storm is making landfall right now in my neck of the woods:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/pics/frances_090604_0317pm.gif

The TLH marker just to the left of the center of the storm is Tallahassee airport. We are a bit south east of that. But at least it weakened considerably before getting to us. So it's not going to be nearly as bad as it could have been. Hmm, looks like I need a "dodging the bullet" smiley here.....

CrazyCorn
09-07-2004, 02:59 PM
Well me and my family made it ok and so did my animals, our house took some damage though. I have no power, and we just got phone servise yesterday. I am on a temp. computer at my grandparetns for now until we go back towmorrow hoping for power to come back, we rode out the storm with no problem, alot of trees, power lines, roofs down and alot of flooding. We barely have any supplies in my area so we came to the west coast to get supplies.

Susan
09-08-2004, 08:25 PM
My family, animals and I survived. A few trees down, no power from 2PM Sun to 3PM Mon, then out again 9PM Mon to 4AM Tues. Phones down from 1PM Sun to 9Pm Tues. Some areas were still out of power Tues evening. My boards are staying on the windows until after Ivan (or maybe longer, if yet ANOTHER one surfaces). Oh what fun to be locked in a dark cave with 2 small children. Thank God for GameBoy and batteries!

CrazyCorn
09-11-2004, 08:31 PM
We finally got power back today about an hour and a half ago, we have ben wothout power and phone from 10am friday morning until today and no generator until yesterday.

LawrenceM
09-12-2004, 09:20 PM
We took a big hit here. The eye came directly over my town. I had some moderate roof damage, lost all of my pool screens, lost two of my favorite trees (mango and loquat), had some water intrusion etc. We fled to Georgia and returned after four days. We will be fine though. I can't say the same for some of my friends who lost their homes to water damage. A good friend had an oak tree fall on his house and cause total devastation. The roof was the key. We will be thinking of Rich and all those near the panhandle as Ivan approaches. It has been unreal to see the effect of a hurricane on the power system and our way of life. Many of my neighbors (at least 1/2) still don't have power.

MegF.
09-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Hang in there everyone!! It's bound to end sometime!