PDA

View Full Version : Amenadiel's scales.

Amenadiel's scales.

Mother_Goddess
10-03-2016, 07:41 PM
This is the concerning spot. I've taken the last few days while soaking to really look him over good without stressing him as much as possible and this is the only spot I see. The only thing I can think of is scale rot but open to other ideas if this is familiar to anyone. Scale rot makes sense considering the condition he was in when we picked him up.

daddio207
10-03-2016, 08:02 PM
Odd place for a scale rot but could be? Possibly a bruise/wound?
I would just put a dab of triple antibiotic with no painkiller on it once or twice and if doesn't get worse wait to see what it looks like after the next shed.
No worries :)

Mother_Goddess
10-03-2016, 08:35 PM
That's what I thought too. No where near the belly. At first I thought it was a stuck shed but then realized quickly that was not it. Hopefully it will clear up after a couple sheds.

hypnoctopus
10-03-2016, 09:03 PM
It looks superficial, so I bet it will clear up with a shed or two. I had one snake get injured and that's kind of what her scales looked like in areas, but it healed really well.

HerpsOfNM
10-03-2016, 10:33 PM
Looks like moderate scale damage. Nothing a couple sheds (already mentioned) should clear up. Don't be surprised if through regular feeding and the overall improved care being given that the damage triggers a few back to back sheds.

Mother_Goddess
10-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Thanks y'all. I'll let him rest from the soaks then since this doesn't seem to be bacterial. I'll keep a close eye on any worsening but I'd rather not stress him any more than necessary.