PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me if this is vomit or poop?

Can someone tell me if this is vomit or poop?

gutterskump
10-07-2016, 11:04 PM
My corn snake threw up on October 2nd and October 3rd (I made a post about this yesterday). I've left her alone since the 2nd, but today her enclosure got up to 89F somehow, so I let her hide in my hair while it cooled off. (I'm going to purchase a new heat mat, don't worry.) Tonight, I came home to find a mess on top of one of her hides (photo attached). Can someone tell me if this is vomit or poop? It's been nine days since she last ate.

gutterskump
10-07-2016, 11:15 PM
Also, forgot to mention, she's still very active. She's not lethargic or hiding all the time like she was when she vomited.

hypnoctopus
10-07-2016, 11:17 PM
That looks like poop and urates to me. 89 degrees is a bit hotter than ideal, but it won't cook your snake. If she's trying to recover from a regurge, it's best not to handle her, but I completely understand that you wanted to make sure the high temperature wouldn't hurt her.

gutterskump
10-07-2016, 11:45 PM
That looks like poop and urates to me. 89 degrees is a bit hotter than ideal, but it won't cook your snake. If she's trying to recover from a regurge, it's best not to handle her, but I completely understand that you wanted to make sure the high temperature wouldn't hurt her.

Thank you! Yeah, I didn't want to handle her yet, but I was unsure of how long it had been that hot in her enclosure. After your response and looking at photos of snake poop, I'm pretty convinced it's just poop and urates. So relieved.

axis1
10-08-2016, 01:39 AM
Also, forgot to mention, she's still very active. She's not lethargic or hiding all the time like she was when she vomited.

Definitely poop and urates! YUCKY POO!!! :sidestep:

It's actually a good thing that your sneaky one's active. Good sign, as long as he's not stressed. All you can do now is be patient and keep an eye on him.

:popcorn_02: Patience at this point is extremely important. Try to refrain from doing something to "help" your snake out when waiting is very important (until the appropriate time, according to the protocol you're following, that is!).

Good luck!!