PDA

View Full Version : Corn digesting problems?

Corn digesting problems?

gutterskump
12-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Ever since I brought Nova home, she's been having digestion issues. She's much better than she was at first, but I'm still having one problem. Every time I feed her two fuzzies (the amount I was told to feed her), I'll find a blob of undigested food (not sure if it's poop or vomit) a few days later, and the next day I'll find a normal, healthy looking poop. When I feed her, I wait until the first fuzzy is more than a third of the way down her body before feeding her the next one.

I'm at a loss as to what I should do. Am I simply giving her too much food? After I find undigested food in her viv, I cut back to one fuzzy for a couple weeks and she digests that just fine. But, she's also still hungry if I only feed her one. In a previous thread, someone suggested that I feed her hoppers instead, but I can't find those in my area. The next size up I can find is "small mouse." Would that be too large for her?

Dragonling
12-20-2016, 05:51 AM
A "small mouse" from one company might be 10g while from another company it might be 15g. Most fuzzies tend to be around 4-6g, so if she's struggling with two I would hold off a little while longer. Even small regurges are considered pretty serious, especially multiple in a row, as gut fauna is lost in large quantities leading to further digestive troubles. If she has regurged her last meal, or the next time she does, I strongly urge you to follow Kathy Love's regurge protocol (http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342). Scroll down to "FAQ from Kathy Love on Regurgitation Treatment."