PDA

View Full Version : Lumpy snake

Lumpy snake

Scrub
12-27-2016, 07:57 AM
Hi All,

I have been out fo the country since february, leaving my female cornsnake who I've owned since she was a hatchling in the care of my mother (now 9 years old).

I returned briefly in summer to find she had been overfed and was obese, and promptly put her on a diet, before leaving again for another 6 months.

Upon return, the diet appears to have got her back into shape, bar some persistent 'hips' that shes had now for several years. However, some bizzarre lumps are apparent on one side only towards the tail end, and have apparently been there for 2-3 months, without impacting on her feeding or defecation (see photos!).

- any thoughts as to what these could be? residual fat deposits similar to the aforementioned 'hips'? I'm really hoping that its nothing more serious!

Thanks in advance!

Scrappyeddie77
12-27-2016, 03:09 PM
I'm sorry I am no help here. I would take her to the vet asap. I would love to know what is going on here. I have read something about hips but I don't remember exactly what it was about. I will look it up tonight when I am home. I will let you know about the hips. Good luck and keep us posted please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk