PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!

HELP!!!

nova
07-07-2002, 05:35 PM
Sorry I know this is strictly a corn forum, but I am desperate, sorry Rich:(

My anoles are laying eggs now but they are going bad. I am just leaving them in the cage, what should I do I am confused.

HomeBreeder
07-07-2002, 06:02 PM
Do Anoles glue their eggs, or bury them? (I know that some people have sucess with day geckos and anoles just leaving the eggs in the vivarium where momma puts them, but sincece that's not working.... (Do you know the eggs should be fertile?)

The least expensive incubator I know of can be made from just a few basic components that you should be able to acquire close to home... I'm sure a web-search would find you more detailed instructions, but basically, you get one of those "disposable" styrofoam beach coolers, put in a small amount of substrate, a heater, and cover it with more substrate, then toss in a tupperware filled with vermiculite and water (and eggs, right-side-up!) and finally add a thermostat to control the heating pad, and a couple air-holes for air-exchange.

Since you'll have a low-ventilation system you should be careful to minimize contaminents when you set this all up to reduce the chance that your vermiculite or eggs go moldy, but on the plus-side you shouldn't need to fuss alot to maintain the proper humidity.

I hope this helps some!

^Curtis