PDA

View Full Version : Tumors

Tumors

cobstein
02-15-2017, 10:21 PM
Hey guys

So about 3 years ago I bought a couple adults from doc Walker, they weren't very healthy. I have a BOI post about it.

Anyway I unfortunately lost one of them last year to a tumor :'(. Today I was handling the other one and noticed a hard lump near the vent. He hasn't eaten in a while, but I hadn't been that worried, because he has gone on hunger strikes before. I also hadn't handled him in a while, which I know isn't good. Anyway, I noticed he's been getting thin, and this lump is kinda freaking me out. I am calling the vet tomorrow, but my gut says tumor.

I am just wondering, could this be caused by something Im doing?? It's upsetting to have lost one already last year. I'm really hoping my guy pulls through. I find it wired that both came from the same breeder. I've never had this happen before. The only other snake I lost was due to a complication when laying eggs. Also could this be contagious? Any insights would really help me out

Thanks,
Jacob

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Nanci
02-16-2017, 06:11 AM
I'm actually surprised any snake from Doc Walker has survived this long. And for any new people reading this- he sucks you in and says everyone is attacking him, nothing is wrong, and then you buy a snake and it dies. READ THE BOI before buying a snake!!!!!

Has it persisted through multiple poopings? Not just hard urates? It could be an abcess, that's a common location. Really, you won't know anything until the vet looks at it.

I hope it's not a tumor :-(

cobstein
02-16-2017, 02:54 PM
I went to the vet today. Basically when I first bought him he has these lumps on his side, near his tail, but I was told they were benign. Turns out they were rumors and they had spread. He has a couple inside him. They aren't blocking his digestive tract, but are making him uncomfortable, and that's why he's not eating. Surgery is an option, but the vet says it will only prolong his life and the tumors will keep coming back :(. The good news is that the vet doesn't feel he needs to be euthanized right now we just have to make sure he keeps passing the mice he eats.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Nanci
02-16-2017, 03:31 PM
I'm so sorry :-(

DollysMom
02-17-2017, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry as well. Bless you for giving your snake the best life possible. My thoughts and prayers are with you.