PDA

View Full Version : Odd behavior

Odd behavior

Jasons8175
02-20-2017, 08:53 PM
Hi all. Im new here. My name is jason. I have a 3yr old corn (Toni) and he has been exhibiting odd behaviors lately.
He is Constantly attempting to escape (which he doesnt usally do), been extraordinarily active, and odd posturing as in stretching up to the screen top and lying in weird ways. Also he re cently went 5weeks with out eating. I assume hibernation. he ate last week. He took a f/t mouse yesterday but would not eat it.
Viv conditions are realitivaly normal for him. He is in a 40 gal breeder. Humidity about 70. Temp fluxuates between 60 and 75 (it is difficult to regulate well this time of year)

Any thoughts on this? Is this something i should be worried about?

Dragonling
02-20-2017, 09:49 PM
It's the breeding season. The boys especially are restless this time of year, trying to find a nice lady snake.

Twolunger
02-20-2017, 11:54 PM
I'm surprised he is eating at all with the temps you indicate. 60 is way too low and 75 is barely warm enough for digestion. You need to invest in one of the under tank heaters. The humidity is higher than necessary except at shedding time. He may be exhibiting typical breeding behavior, or seeking conditions more suitable to a corn. Scroll down to Nanci's blog and search for the sticky on Corn snake care. Great info.