PDA

View Full Version : Finally :)

Finally :)

DustinWaller
07-07-2002, 07:14 PM
Hey Irwin just shed today,it came off like a sock. I was about to give him a bath to hep with the shed and when i got back from washing the tub out he had shed!. It looked really cool and i am going to keep all of his sheds. I am not really sure if its a mail or female but in his shed where his vent is and where his tale starts i noticed his tale was pretty long! So i think he is a boy and he is exactly 25 inches long! :) So here are 2 questions.

How old do you think he is?(i forgot to ask at the reptile store):(

Is there anything i can look for in the shed to tell me if its a male or female?

Thx :)

Bippy
07-07-2002, 07:52 PM
There's no way to tell how old a cornsnake is by how long it is... I have several '01s that are 25 or so inches long, and I have several '00s that are as well. The best you can guess is that he's somewhere in the 1-2 year old range.

As for sex, I believe there's a way to tell by counting the scales after the vent on the shed, but I forget which numbers mean which gender.

Jr Nimeskern
07-07-2002, 11:19 PM
Well for the age thing it is true that you cant really be sure what age they are... but I would lean more to the 01's especially if it is a boy... what kind of corn is it? thats another hint... if its a Okettee or Creamsicle then they usually grow pretty fast if its a bloodred then they grow pretty slow so it all matters really on the type of corn (and also the amount of food it has been fed)

for the second question its sort of hard to tell the sex of the snake by the shed alone... I would take it to a petstore that specializes in snakes (or has a few corns at least) and ask them to sex it for you... sometimes on the sheds you will be able to see 2 dark holes by the vent this would indicate that its a boy... but these are really really not good ways to determine your corns sex...

DustinWaller
07-08-2002, 03:21 AM
He is a Normal. And i feed him 1 hopper ever monday(unless he is shedding). He has a little brown spot,looks like a bump like you were saying,it may just be he vent but im not sure. It dosnt have 2 of them like you said though. hehe hard to explane,hope i did it good enough :)
Thx

SilverTongue
07-08-2002, 03:25 AM
hehe go to a vet who treats herps or find a local snake breeder. They will probably beable to sex it for you. I STRONGLY recomend you not try it yourself untill you have had someone show you how to do it. If you do; you stand a chance of ruining any chances to breed the snake and more importantly it will really hurt your snake if done wrong.