PDA

View Full Version : Feeding problem

Feeding problem

Ljs1
04-04-2017, 03:14 AM
Hi all my adult corn isnt eating has no interest in food at all. Last ate in Feb. Its shedding as normal and everything else is normal any ideas. Thanks

DLena
04-04-2017, 05:55 AM
Check your husbandry first.
Do you have a weight on him? Is he looking thinner? Behavior the same?
If husbandry is good, and weight/behavior seem to be holding steady, offer a meal once a week or every 10 days.
Did anything change with the feeders? New supplier? A bit old/freezer burned?
I changed suppliers, got some with black patches, and Gypsy wouldn't eat them at all. She'll only eat all-white ones.
Keep us posted.

Nanci
04-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Could be normal male springtime behaviour, too. Several of my males will refuse right at this time of the year. I'd space meals out to every two weeks, and maybe offer a smaller mouse, just to waste less if he refuses. This can last several months. The first year it happened to me, with my first snake, I went crazy! Now it doesn't worry me.

Ljs1
04-04-2017, 05:43 PM
Hi Thanks for the advice....i offered a smaller mouse and its eaten it.

Elsa
04-04-2017, 11:36 PM
Been having the same worries with Chara, shed no problem, actually they have been very complete and he is very active, but no interest in feeding. He just seems to want to roam around. He is still calm and easy to handle like usual. He is still pooping, temps are good and I always keep his viv clean and fresh water. This is the longest he has gone with out eating. Any advice on how long the males will go off food? And does it sound like normal male off food mating behavior?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nanci
04-05-2017, 06:06 AM
They can stop feeding for a good two or three months. You might notice the snake gets twitchy, too, when you handle him. There isn't really anything you can do. Try not to worry.

Elsa
04-06-2017, 10:35 PM
Thanks Nanci, I probably worry too much, all our pets are family and he has never gone this long without eating. TG he looks great still body wise and he is still sociable, and likes to come out and explore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gentlemanbones
04-27-2017, 02:24 PM
Thanks Nanci.
Slither is doing this too!
seems fine but I was WORRIED.
will post when he starts again.

Elsa
05-16-2017, 05:31 PM
Thanks Nanci.

Slither is doing this too!

seems fine but I was WORRIED.

will post when he starts again.

Hi Again Nanci,
Well my boy still won't eat...his temps are good, fresh water, he has shed like normal, clean viv. So I am thinking of trying the pinkie trick. I read a boiled pink might be enticing- have you done this and if so any advice? (Don't think he wants it poached so looking for temp or time guidance)
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk