PDA

View Full Version : Second feed refused....?

Second feed refused....?

beyourownspotlight
06-24-2017, 04:47 PM
We adopted Alfie and brought him home on a Friday and the petshop said to offer him food as normal on the Saturday, but be prepared for him to refuse it. So we offered and he refused. No big deal. Then tonight a week later, i thawed another mouse and offered it to him only to have him refuse again. He gets close and then suddenly backs off...?? Any ideas why? Are the mice just bad mice? They dont have a bad smell or anything? And they're completely thawed. I'm using feeding tongs and wiggling the mouse even.

Corning
06-24-2017, 10:14 PM
Put the thawed mouse in a Tupperware with the snake You can drill breathing holes in the sides that he cannot fit through of course. Leave him in there 2 hrs without interruption. He might just be a shy feeder. You can put him in a dark quiet empty room too. If that doesn't work you can try a live small pinkie the same way. You don't have to wait a whole week to try and feed him again you can try every 2-3 days. Also check the temps in your tank that it it warm enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

beyourownspotlight
06-25-2017, 12:40 AM
Put the thawed mouse in a Tupperware with the snake You can drill breathing holes in the sides that he cannot fit through of course. Leave him in there 2 hrs without interruption. He might just be a shy feeder. You can put him in a dark quiet empty room too. If that doesn't work you can try a live small pinkie the same way. You don't have to wait a whole week to try and feed him again you can try every 2-3 days. Also check the temps in your tank that it it warm enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He's not on pinkies, he's on jumbo frozen mice, it just seems such a waste to unthaw one every 2-3 days. My tank on the side the heat mat is is 29.7 degrees this morning. I have it set to not go over 30 degrees, so I can't see it being too cold for him tbh.