PDA

View Full Version : New Hatchling ?????

New Hatchling ?????

jdawnj1984
07-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Hello, I have a 8 day old corn snake. She shed 2 days ago. She won't eat. I have tried braining her pinky cutting it in half. They r always warm. Today o went to Pet Supermarket and the lady sold me dead crickets to feed to her. I put them in warm water first so they would be warm. Still no luck. I have never had newborns before. I didn't even think my eggs would hatch. I was also not even expecting any to hatch if they did for at least 3 more weeks. I guess momma had layed her eggs alot earlier than I thought. Can anyone give me pointers/tips. Thanks so much!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

MysticExotics
07-06-2017, 08:08 PM
The baby probably isn't hungry, due to yolk absorption.
I wait a week after their first shed before I offer the first meal. I've had a much higher success rate doing that. I know some wait two weeks after their first shed to offer food.

You do not want to offer too often, it could create a bigger problem.
I space initial feedings out about a week apart, until they've eaten a few meals, then I offer about every 4-5 days.

jdawnj1984
07-06-2017, 08:11 PM
Thank You so much!! That makes me feel so much better. I have been doing research but couldn't find anything and then I found this forum. I was so scared she/he would die of starvation. I will wait a week and then try again. Thanks again!!!!!!

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

MysticExotics
07-06-2017, 08:18 PM
They're pretty resilient. :)

I'm happy to help!