PDA

View Full Version : branches???

branches???

DirtySanchez
07-08-2002, 11:49 AM
Hey everyone i was wondering if its important to have branches in my encloseures for my snakes and if so should i have more than one in there???

HomeBreeder
07-08-2002, 12:17 PM
Well, I can say that my kingsnakes and cornsnakes like to climb around if they get the opportunity (the kingsnake to a greater degree, however.) Of course if you add climbing furniture be sure it's setup so as to prevent any major catastrophe in the event the snake(s) should dislodge it... If you buy your branch where they have tanks you can try it on for size, or you can glue or screw hooks or suction cups to the furniture as well for added security.

Is it required? Not exactly. Will your snakes be happier and healthier if they have things to climb? Irrefutably, if done in a safe manner.

^Curtis

Jr Nimeskern
07-08-2002, 02:06 PM
Vines and limbs are more for you then the snake... They dont need the accesories but Im sure it doesnt hurt them if they did have it... of course you have to make sure that the branches dont fall and are properly secured like homebreeder said... also another thing that deals with branches is that it gives the snake more leverage to push up on the lid this could allow the corn enough push to escape... but branches arent needed but they sure do look nice...

Jimmy C.
07-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Hey DS.
I have branches in all my snake houses and they always use them. I have one little fellow that whenever I feed him he finds the fork in the branch and hang out there for a day or two. They may not NEED it but it looks good and it gives them a little more interest in their lives.
Make sure the branches are secured.
Jimmy C.

snakemanone
07-11-2002, 04:56 PM
Hiya Jimmy.

I have only 5 snakes at the moment but plan on more,i have placed branches in my snakes homes but none of them used to climb(maybe they were scared of heights) and i used to watch them for hours and hours,god that makes me sound sad, so after about a month i took them out.

happy herping..............................steve.

p.s check out my site at...groups.msn.com/stevessnakes