PDA

View Full Version : 8 yr old male not eating

8 yr old male not eating

jld333
05-28-2018, 08:52 PM
My male has not ate in 10 weeks. Should I be concerned? He normally goes about 6 weeks in the spring. He looks fine no drastic weight loss and breathing seems normal. His activity has been normal. I tried cutting slits In back of mouse at feeding. :shrugs:

Karl_Mcknight
05-29-2018, 09:45 AM
My 4 year old Male has only eaten 2 mice since February. He's currently on a 4 week stretch. He went 5 weeks without before that.

I've heard stories about some corn snakes not eating for 5 months and being perfectly fine.

It's the time of year and mating behavior most likely. A lot of snakes refuse to eat during mating season.

If you're not sure or concerned, you could always take him to a vet. I'm not worried about my snake. He's perfectly fine otherwise. Active, alert, drinking, and he does the "Herky Jerky Mating Dance" every time I hold him or rub him. LOL. If your snake is doing the dance too, that's similar to your "Uncle's Poodle Humping your Leg."

Eventually they will get past it and return to eating. But you might waste a few mice during the process.