PDA

View Full Version : Update on starved corn snake

Update on starved corn snake

barbie.dragon
09-21-2018, 02:45 AM
I made a post while back about a snow corn that I rescued off of craigslist. The snake was in awful condition. They’ve been feeding the snake one small mouse every month or so. Probably less. The corn snake was 8-10 years old.

It’s been a while and unfortunately the snake passed away. The snow corn was taking meals well then all of a sudden regurgitated. I waited a few weeks before feeding. The mouse was taken eagerly. A few days later the snake started acting extremely sluggish and limp. It would just lay in the open and looked dead, sometimes leaving it’s mouth partially open. Wouldn’t drink water on it’s own.

Tonight I went to check up on her and she was already dead. I’m devastated. After some crying my brother helped me dig a grave for her in the backyard. Apologized to the snake since it was a bit cold. Hopefully the little guy had a happier life.

Rest In Peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corning
09-23-2018, 12:00 PM
At least she had someone like you to give her a fighting chance before she passed.

We all do what we can everyday to try and make our lives have some meaning. I tell my hospice patients families this and that we are all connected, be present and plan for the future. I hope you have the opportunity to save another.

Xo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nanci
09-28-2018, 08:47 AM
I'm so sorry. I'm glad she was well cared for and had you to look after her till the end.

SnakeCreations
09-28-2018, 10:54 PM
oh gosh, that is a sad story - I'm so sorry for your loss.

-Tonya