PDA

View Full Version : Dark spot on my albino cornsnake. Vet?

Dark spot on my albino cornsnake. Vet?

Jiboia-Arco-Íris
11-08-2018, 02:15 AM
Hey there! I have a light colored snake and I noticed that she has a dark spot on her body. Should I be concerned and take her to a vet?

I wish I could get a picture but it's underneath her belly and its hard to get a good shot.

Thanks so much.

Jiboia-Arco-Íris
11-08-2018, 02:26 AM
Also to clarify it's not part of her markings- its underneath her skin. Also it's rather close to the head but not too close.

Just to illustrate where it is:
-------------x----O-<

Twolunger
11-08-2018, 09:55 AM
Light colored hatchlings or young corns do have dark appearing spots that aren't so obvious on darker colored corns. The spots are usually internal organs, since the heart and other organs are concentrated up front on snakes. The liver is sometimes seen, but it is much longer and usually not noticed.

Jiboia-Arco-Íris
11-08-2018, 06:16 PM
Light colored hatchlings or young corns do have dark appearing spots that aren't so obvious on darker colored corns. The spots are usually internal organs, since the heart and other organs are concentrated up front on snakes. The liver is sometimes seen, but it is much longer and usually not noticed.

Thanks so much! That subdues my general worries. She was acting odd and it worried me, but turns out it was because she was shedding. It's difficult to find resources online about physical illnesses on snakes so I worry waaaay too much!

Again thanks so much for the help!

Dragonling
11-09-2018, 01:50 AM
On a Snow corn like yours, you may also be able to see the spleen as a dark greenish shadow on the opposite end.