PDA

View Full Version : New Corn snake injured

New Corn snake injured

nzierer
09-18-2019, 12:55 PM
I just received a baby snow corn snake this morning and when unpackaging it, noticed the tail almost all the way up to the anus has been pinched. So it looks flat and also a part is swollen. Will this be dropped and will this snake live? Any help will be appreciated. My images are too large to post. Fyi

Shiari
09-18-2019, 02:47 PM
If it's damaged nearly to the vent, it needs to see a vet asap. The damage can continue to spread and if the cloaca is compromised by that, the snake is pretty much doomed.

albertagirl
09-18-2019, 04:57 PM
That's terrible! I wouldn't know what to do either other than see a vet, but I can help with the picture thing, for whatever that's worth.
You can open your images with paint, select the full image, and then resize it down as much as required.
I hope your baby makes it! Good luck at the vet!

nzierer
09-19-2019, 11:47 AM
Well here is an update, i got off of work nearly 12 hours later.. The tail has regained its natural look, and there is only a little swelling. Not much! I am going to hope for the best. The buyer was notified and i was refunded as well. So i am going to take as much care for this little one as possible until the unevitable happens if it does! Thanks for the advise!!! :)