PDA

View Full Version : Corn didn’t eat his mouse last night

Corn didn’t eat his mouse last night

Averysmom
01-07-2020, 12:27 PM
This is the first time he hasn’t come out to eat his mouse. He’s been hiding for a few days so I’m thinking he might be starting a shed. How long should i keep the mouse in? It’s been there since last night and it’s the morning now, so should I just throw it out. And when should I try again?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

67temp
01-07-2020, 01:23 PM
Since it's been a few days since you have seen him I would just do a visual check on/for him? I typically lay eyes on everyone every day just to make they are doing ok and haven't escaped.

Opinions will vary on how long to leave food. Some say a few hours max, some 12 hrs, other 24hrs. If he hasn't eaten it yet he probably won't. I'd wait till either his next feeding day or till after he sheds.

Averysmom
01-07-2020, 05:08 PM
He seems to be ok. He’s just sitting in his hide. And he’s peaked his head out. I’ll check his eyes to see if they’re blue.

I took the mouse out. He normally eats it in the first 5 mins so I’ll just try again after his shed.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeuceRon
01-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Good advice. My female is starting to become picky. She doesn't take the feeder from tongs anymore. I have to lay them side by side next to her. She will lay on top of them for a while before finally eating them. She is a weirdo!

Yeah I would leave him alone until after he sheds. He will be hungry and ready for a tasty meal!

DeuceRon
01-28-2020, 08:24 AM
I just looked at the dates of your post.. I imagine that he's already shed and eaten! Is everything back to normal?