• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Too cute!

Taceas

USW = UB313
This is a bad sign for me..babies entirely too cute to use as feeders. =P

This is the litter that's now 3 weeks old from my new male I had to purchase, due to a wild snake's midnight snack.

I don't have a suitable picture of the new male, but imagine a chocolate brown on top, white on the belly, and medium length hair. He's a tubby thing, with a bit of a mean streak (he was in a cage all by himself at Petsmart). But he's a great dad, always cleaning the babies and snuggling with them.

All of the mothers are sisters, and are mostly dove and tan colored...and all are first time moms. Each doe gave birth to around 5-6 kits per litter, but the babies were huge and honestly looked like 5 day old pinks. As you can see, everyone is fat and happy. =D

Anyway, I snapped a few pictures of the litter and poked them about to see everyone. If anyone is interested in adding the colored ones to their colonies, let me know. Most of the piepald ones are males oddly enough. The only piebald female is the black and white one on top.

Enjoy! =D

MouseBabies1.JPG

MouseBabies2.JPG

MouseBabies3.JPG

See this is why I don't raise my own mice for feeders. Instead of snake food I would have a whole lot of pet mice!! They are adorable!!

They are cute.

In my colony we held back two females. I would find my sister playing with the two everyday whilst they were getting bigger. :) It does get harder to raise and then feed that size to them.

Aw look at the little one on its back! Looks like a tiny teddy bear............... *sigh* I think I'm going to have this problem with my gerbils when they eventually breed.

Sooooo cute! Yes, that is a definite problem sometimes. I find it much easier to take them as pinks before they get cute and fuzzy. Same with the rat pups, hat seeing the cute faces knowing I'm going to feed them out. Too bad snakes aren't vegetarians.....LOL.

How adorable! I wouldn't be able to find it in myself to feed those out either.

Back