PDA

View Full Version : wont eat yet :(

wont eat yet :(

sXe_corn_sXe
10-07-2004, 11:21 PM
i have had my baby corn(about 2 months) for a week and a day and she wont eat yet... i know that isnt anything to be worried about, but the lady i got her from said that she should eat really easy, and i have tried three times so fare... if she doesnt eat within a week what should i do? the person i got her from said that she was a great eater and she wont even act like the pink is there.

and i really really want to hold her... and even after she eats i wont be able to hold her :(

CAV
10-07-2004, 11:24 PM
Stop trying to feed ever few days. Offer food ever 6-7 days and stick to that schedule.

How big is the enclosure and what are the temps?

Skye
10-08-2004, 09:57 AM
the lady you got her from was not offering her food every couple of days in a strange environment with new sounds and scents and images. Give your new snake some peace and quiet to settle in and offer food in a week.

Susan
10-08-2004, 09:18 PM
Was your snake eating F/T or live pinkies for the previous owner, and are you offering the same? Even if you're feeding the same, sometimes the scent may be a little different. I've had a few hatchlings refuse pinkies I had to purchase from another source when I ran low on those I bred myself. After a couple of tries and a good wash in plain warm water, they finally accepted them and their excellent appetites returned.

Just give your snake a little time to get accustomed to all the new things.