PDA

View Full Version : hello

hello

bmm
07-13-2002, 02:14 AM
I was wondering what you guys think would be a good "boyfriend" for a female vanishing stripe het hypo?

I have only two possibles, a snow male, het unknown
and a amel het blizzard.

Should I pair her with one of these? or buy another male for a more suitable match?

bmm

SilverTongue
07-13-2002, 02:26 AM
imho i think the amel het blizzard would look good with your stripe het hypo :)

bmm
07-13-2002, 02:32 AM
was thinking that myself actually.

I would get all normals with hets right? It would be in the later generations where this breeding could make some nice stuff. So I am thinking it is a good idea....

BTW the Mick's doesn't give blizzard as a het, i am assuming since my male is "het blizzard" that means either his parents were blizzards or he is het charcoal??? i am confused a little.

bmm

SilverTongue
07-13-2002, 02:43 AM
I have no idea either. I plan on throwing them together and letting God sort them out :)

Hurley
07-13-2002, 09:59 AM
BTW the Mick's doesn't give blizzard as a het, i am assuming since my male is "het blizzard" that means either his parents were blizzards or he is het charcoal??? i am confused a little.

Blizzard is a combination of two genes being expressed, amelanism and charcoal (anery type b).

If your guy is an amel het blizzard, this is a shorthand way of writing amelanistic heterozygous for charcoal which in combination with amelanism produces blizzard.