• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Music

FRooTLooPS

Hi people, I heard that snakes dont like loud music, or rather the vibration it makes. Is this true??? Because then I should move my snake out of my room and into the study.

I've heard the same. I've also heard that you shouldn't keep them right next to computers or anything like that. I have noticed that if I have my babies on the desk next to the computer speakers, and the music is up, they are very active. I don't mean the kinda cruising around happily active either...They usually look pretty unhappy. I'd move the snakes if I were you.

I have a bank of vivs next to my computer desk, but I very rarely listen to music. I tend to get a few heads peering at me, but no signs of distress at my usual keyboard-clicking.

I once owned a pair of Sinaloans who took grave exception to a track from my own band's album (played on hi-fi across the other side of the room). It had a particularly heavy bass line (almost subsonic by the time the producer had finished with it) and the snakes went mental - threw themselves around their viv in a "Lemme outta here!!" type of way until I hastily switched the track off. The Corns didn't seem to care, but I listened to it on headphones from then on.

i have an axminster corn which if she goes off her food the only way to get her eating again is to play pink floyd lol, nothing else works

There's always one...
My snake seems to like music, not too loud obviously but if I'm playing something with a lot of bass he gets very interested (and not in a scared get-me-out-of-here way) :)
Oh and he loves REM. Not tried Pink Floyd :D

susyq said:
i have an axminster corn which if she goes off her food the only way to get her eating again is to play pink floyd lol, nothing else works

Your snake's got good taste LOL

Back