PDA

View Full Version : Non Feeding Snake

Non Feeding Snake

madamwlf
10-19-2004, 12:06 AM
Okay, now I bet you thought this was a corn snake. Nope but close. I have a gray banded kingsnake hatchling (6 weeks old) that has not eaten yet. I want to try my best to save this little guy but have no clue how. I've tried anoles with no success. I've tried leaving him with a pinkie over night and still nothing. Any suggestions!!!!!

Jason B.
10-19-2004, 03:09 AM
Try sticking a pin in the center of a pinkies head and then squez a little bit of brain fluid out, a little droplet. If that doesn't work ,start looking for small lizzards or some corn hatchlings your not to inpressed with. I don't know if they are still being offered somewhere , but Pinkie pumps used to be used quite a bit for picky kings.

CAV
10-20-2004, 09:30 AM
They rarely take f/t until you've done a lot of work to convert them. Have you tried live? That is more or less required with these great snakes.

madamwlf
10-20-2004, 12:22 PM
I finally got him to eat a live pinkie. Left it in his cage for nearly 3 days before he decided to eat. Thanks for the advice. Now I know what I'm getting into. We bought him as a non-feeder and hopefully the lil devil will turn around for us.

CAV
10-20-2004, 12:33 PM
Keep using the live pinkies until he is an established feeder. When he is out of the woods, move to fresh killed, and then eventually to f/t.

Once they are established, GBKs are great eaters and one of the gentlest snakes you will ever find. :)