PDA

View Full Version : lump behind vent

lump behind vent

Skua
10-19-2004, 05:43 PM
I have had two adult snakes for three weeks, and since I got them my female has had a slight lump. I've done a search of the forums and many people recommend a warm bath, in case of constipation. However, my snake has a lump behind her vent/cloaca, which to me suggests something outside it's digestive system (?). And a non-digestive lump is real scary, right?
Should I try warm baths a couple of times or get to a vet ASAP?
BTW, she has been eating fine, but as I have two snakes which I keep together I don't know if she's pooing. She's also a bit skinny, but this might have something to do with her previous owners irregular feeding pattern.

angeladams
10-19-2004, 06:09 PM
If i were in your shoes, i would pop it along to a vet and get it checked out for peace of mind. :)

pcar
10-19-2004, 06:13 PM
And, just for safety's sake, I would seperate the snakes if you can...just in case it is transmittable

Krenna
10-19-2004, 06:27 PM
hmm wow keep us updated on what it is when you see the vet.

Amanda E
10-19-2004, 07:32 PM
Are you sure it's a female?

I was just talking to a local breeder and he said that recently one of his males had a lump similar to your snake's and it was determined to be an infected hemipene.

Skua
10-19-2004, 08:34 PM
I'm pretty sure it's a female, I'll talk to the previous owners and keep you posted.
Thanks for all the advice so far.