PDA

View Full Version : shedding problem

shedding problem

fc0330
10-23-2004, 11:11 AM
My 2 year old albino okeetee shed last month. Every thing went fine. To my surprise she is going to shed again!!! Her eyed are clouded and her color is dull. Is this possible? I thought adults shed only a few times a year. Help!!

cka
10-23-2004, 11:39 AM
At 2 years she wouldn't be considered an adult, and it sounds like a growth spurt is in the works...No worries, FC...growth spurts are neat; the snake seems to just take off and grow...every time you look they seem to be a bit longer and heftier...snake will shed more when the have external injuries, also i.e. burns, bites from rodents, etc...

newt
10-23-2004, 12:32 PM
My 2 year old albino okeetee shed last month. Every thing went fine. To my surprise she is going to shed again!!! Her eyed are clouded and her color is dull. Is this possible? I thought adults shed only a few times a year. Help!!
Well in my opinion with my female she shed nicely then again two weeks later, then she layed a clutch of eggs. So maybe she might be pregnant?

Or she might have an injury that is healing nicely. :santa:

Cindy
10-23-2004, 01:42 PM
My full grown 5 year old seems to shed every 8 weeks according to my records! I have had her since 24th February 2004 and she has shed six times (I have nearly enough skin to build a new one!!!) :grin01:

susyq
10-23-2004, 02:58 PM
all my corns shed once a month, except for my hatchlings which can be anything from every 2-3 weeks. both my calis shed once a month roughly also, i wouldnt worry too much :)