PDA

View Full Version : I leave the house for TWO hours... (update)

I leave the house for TWO hours... (update)

Spirit
10-30-2004, 03:05 AM
...and he sheds.

I was planning on spending the night at home, but nooooooo! A friend is moving and wants my company in the car from the storage locker to his new home. Do I say no? NOOOOO!!! I think this is a good idea, so I tag along for the ride.

:crying: Can someone please mend my poor sad little heart and post some shed pics? *sigh* At least I got a free comforter out of it. lol

:(

The shed is 25", and perfect. YAY!

Cindy
10-30-2004, 05:36 AM
Spirit, glad the shed went well, that is typical that you turn away you miss it, better luck next time, I have posted some pix in the Photography section of my Amel, Mayzee in shed....

drizzt_19
10-30-2004, 12:00 PM
:crying: Can someone please mend my poor sad little heart and post some shed pics? *sigh* At least I got a free comforter out of it. lol

Here ya go...

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9647

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=9646

howiet4702
10-30-2004, 12:36 PM
My snake had cloudy eyes for two days and now he doesn't. How long will it take for him to shed?

Jynx
10-30-2004, 01:03 PM
About 2-4 days

howiet4702
10-30-2004, 01:06 PM
OK thanks!...I will tell you he is not a happy camper right now..:)

MichaelBoyko
10-30-2004, 01:18 PM
I can bet. During this time their skin is more sensitive and corns tend to be slightly more "agitated". To what degree is different for every individual but I know Nippy (my amel sunglow) doesn't get angry, just docile and longs for her cozy hide.

howiet4702
10-30-2004, 01:20 PM
Is it OK to hold him right before he shed's?

howiet4702
10-30-2004, 01:21 PM
I had him out this morning and he was pretty good. He was a little nippy but overall I can't complain. :) However, he kept rubbing his nose against the inside of my hand....i guess trying to start the shed process?

Spirit
10-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Howie: He's fine to be handled, but he might be a bit moody. I hardly handled mine at all (didn't want to cause any added stress), but he seemed fine whenever I did. After he shed last night, he was REALLY active in my hand and I didn't know if he was stressing or glad to be out. I didn't handle him long though, but today is feeding day so I'm going to have a bit of play time before dinner. Then monday, life will go back to normal. :)

Thanks for the pics, guys! Here's one of the shed. It's a bit ripped in a couple places, but I think that's my fault. He had slithered in and out of two hides so the shed was pretty mangled and it caught on the wood a couple times. Hard to not let it rip, but I did a good job. It looks perfect! Sorry for the crappy quality pic. No flash was dark and blurry, but the flash wiped out the shed. Just looked like a white line of something. lol

And for those who remember my first thread about a weird rough patch on his scales... it's still there. NO IDEA what it could possibly be.

CreepyCrawlrGrl
10-30-2004, 03:11 PM
So, the Record Keeper (ie, Mike, who has this snake keeping thing down to a science, with crazy good records) says that our litttle girls should be going blue any day now. I'm so excited! I've never seen this before- didn't even know it happened until we got our snakes and Mike started with the research and what-not. And apparently, our Icepick's eyes turn a beautiful ice blue (part of the reason we named her what we did). She should be going blue any day now, and I'll be keeping a close eye on her.
Speaking of which, do their eyes get more sensitive when they're blue? Or do they not see as well or anything? Is the blue just the eye-cap? I know they also get more dull-looking before a shed, and I'd imagine that's the skin doing it's thing. Same with the eyes? And is it OK to take pictures of them in the blue phase, or will this just piss them off?

Spirit
10-30-2004, 03:14 PM
And is it OK to take pictures of them in the blue phase, or will this just piss them off?

I took a couple. No flash. This pic does NOT to the blue justice.

CreepyCrawlrGrl
10-30-2004, 06:53 PM
Wow, cool! Is that the same little one as in your avatar?

Spirit
10-31-2004, 02:24 PM
Yes, ma'am! That's Maximus (Max), my little ET. The avater pic was taken after the blue phase ended, but before he shed (about 5 days ago).