PDA

View Full Version : Live of F/T

Live of F/T

howiet4702
10-31-2004, 11:15 AM
Hey everyone,

I bought a live pink last week fiquring my little guy was hungry. However, with the obvious stress of shipping and just going into the blue phase, he had no interest.

So, I froze the pink and offered it to him last night. He just finished shedding last night and he still had no interest. I fiqured he would be hungry since he just finished a shed. I got rid of the pink fiquring he would not eat it. Is it hard to convert a live pink eater to a F/T eater? The breeder said he was pounding live pinks but i didn't think it would make a difference. I tried shaking the F/T pink in front of him, but it seemed to tick him off a little. He snapped at it and then let it go. I will try a live pink tomorrow. Any other suggestions??

Jicin
10-31-2004, 11:36 AM
Try feeding a live pink first, then a f/t one in the same feed. Wiggle it around a bit if nessesary. You may 'trick' the snake this way. He may get used to eating f/t this way

WhiteLips
10-31-2004, 12:25 PM
I recently converted all of my snakes to F/T (all at once). Make sure that the pinky is warm! If it's the least bit cold most will not consider it food- there are a couple ways to thaw- I defrost in the fridge and then finish by soaking in very warm water- change the water as it cools when all the pinkies are warm throughout it's feeding time! I also use tongs- Good Luck :)