PDA

View Full Version : Browser/java trouble with Chat

Browser/java trouble with Chat

Hurley
11-03-2004, 07:40 PM
Hey Rich,

Just wondering if you knew a quick fix for this...

I'm running XP and Microsoft Explorer 6.0 on my other machine and I can't get into the chat room. I get the following message:

"Cornsnakes Chat Client requires a Java Compatible web browser to run! Please use new and compatible a browser to join our chat room.."

Any thoughts?

I tried looking through the options and security, and have java enabled, so I'm at a loss. :shrugs:

starwarsdad
11-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Do you actually have Java installed? The Java VM is no longer installed by default and you must download "real" Java from the sun website.

Hurley
11-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Honestly, I'm not sure. I've downloaded all the updates, but if Java no longer comes with it, then I guess I need to download it.

Found the website, next time I'm at that computer I'll download it and give it a wing. Thanks.

Jason B.
11-05-2004, 12:58 AM
Hurley, how is it working out for you now? As I mentioned to you I can only get in through the link and not through faunaclassifieds front door for some reason. I also have downloaded the latest Java. I'm just glade I can get in now to be honest. But still currious.

Hurley
11-05-2004, 05:11 AM
Got it up an running, thanks. Who knew you had to download java separate. :shrugs: LOL, thanks for the help.

Taceas
11-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Well I'm running WinXP & Opera 7.54. Thankfully when you download it, you can choose to download Java with it, which is very convenient.

Previous versions of Opera didn't function properly with Java for me, but I endured it because I love tabbed pages (no more multiple instances of IE open) and it has a pop-up blocker. But upgraded and voila...works soo smooth. =D

However, before, I could get in the chat room with no problem...only I was "kicked off for inactivity". I didn't know it punished you for doing chores and being AFK. I come back, and when I click the Chat button, I get "Applet Not Found". I've refreshed, closed down and came back in, logged out and logged in and nothing works. :eek1:

Help? Advice?