PDA

View Full Version : Snake Steak Sausages

Snake Steak Sausages

Cujo
07-16-2002, 01:27 PM
Okay..

I'm really new to corn snakes and I am deciding what I want..anyway I have purchased the corn snake manual..and as I was reading I noticed they mention the snake steak sausage by T-Rex.. first I was just curious..has anyone ever tried these...and are they an acceptable diet for a corn? Where do you get these? My wife is totally against mice sharing her freezer (she is not very happy about my decision to get a snake)..so this may put her a little more at ease..any and all help is appreciated. Thanks

Jay
a snake novice

SilverTongue
07-16-2002, 01:36 PM
most any place that sells any t-rex products can order them for you. And you wouldnt have to pay shipping.

Snake Steak Sausages are made up of animals just like hotdogs only I think that snakes get a better deal hehe :p

Yes they are just as healthy as mice and such. It still wouldnt hurt to get powder vitamens. They come in small meadium and large.

Some snakes wont eat them so try a little pack before you buy theh big jumbo pack.

Good Luck :)

Bish
07-16-2002, 04:26 PM
Hey Cujo I was wondering the same thing untill recently I am getting my first Corn soon And my parents don't want mice in there freezer so I got on the Internet and i found a website!!!!!!They sell the sausages over the internet and are pretty cheap!!!!!The website is www.bio-aquatics.com/frozenrep.html!!!!;)

srw3897
07-30-2002, 04:13 PM
i use mice on ice(frozen mice).
if you want you can allways feed the snake live pinkies(my mom doesn't let me because she says it's inhumane).

If you have enough money you can buy a stand-alone freezer just for mice(if you can't use live mice and your snake doesn't like the snake steak sausages).

bmm
07-31-2002, 04:17 PM
I can't imagine my snakes accepting a sausage,,

Any research been done on these to actually find out if they are as healthy or not????

In any case, mousicles (frozen mice) are very easy! And it's very clean as well...they are not gross and the thawing process is easy!

bmm

srw3897
07-31-2002, 04:26 PM
The Snake Steak Sausages are healthy because they are actually ground up rodents. The sausages contain every part of the rodent except fur, feathers, and intestines.

They even come with "Mouse Maker" to dip the sausages in and make them smell like real mice.
You can also buy "Lizzard Maker" to make the sausages smell like lizzards.

srw3897
07-31-2002, 04:27 PM
By the way,

I use "Mice On Ice"(frozen mice)

SPJ
08-08-2002, 05:03 PM
I have some of them in the freezer. They are a waste of money IMO. They are also a LOT smaller than you might think. The pinky sized ones are really about the size of a pea. I have never had luck getting any snake to eat them. I had thought my het BP would take it since he eats anything F/T without even constricting anymore. Grabs and swallows. Won't touch these things even when I scent them. Save your money.

bmm
08-10-2002, 03:06 PM
I haven't heard of many snakes accepting them either SPJ. I certainly would rather fed them the real thing anyways.

Why have a burger when you can have steak IMHO. Frozen mice are so easy.

bmm

GinnyO
08-10-2002, 03:19 PM
Okay, I just don't get the big deal about mice in the freezer. Unless you're a vegetarian, you probably have chicken and steaks and pork in the freezer. And the sausages are the real deal too, just ground up right? I have my mice in a ziploc bag, and then in a paper bag so know one can be offended by seeing them. We eat meat - snakes eat meat. :)

bmm
08-10-2002, 03:38 PM
I agree GinnyO

I have never understood what the big deal is. I mean its not like people suggest that others keep these mice open in the freezer dead, staring at them everytime they open the door! *LOL*

I got over my "mice are yucky" pahse a long time ago. You just can't feel that way when you own lots of snakes.

My mice are in a large rubbermaid, with two plastic bags over it...then I slip this (very low rubbermaid) into an old frozen pizza box, all neat and tidy and out of sight. Helps with the freezer burn to with so many layers.

bmm

SPJ
08-10-2002, 10:30 PM
I just don't get the big deal about mice in the freezer

That's not why I originally bought them. I thought it might be worth a shot trying them. They are supposed to contain all the nutrition and vitamins a snake needs.

I have a freezer full of pinkies, fuzzies, mice, rat pups, etc. I have one snake that will only eat live. It's a WC import. Frozen ones in a bag are nothing compared to what the mouse looks like after he is done and about to eat it.

GinnyO
08-11-2002, 12:17 AM
Oh, I see - lots of nutrition wrapped up in one neat package! Actually, I was referring to earlier posts of our snake lovers who had family members who were rather grossed out by frozen mice!
Yeah, I'm not sure how I'd do if I had to feed live mice. That a whole different scenario!

SPJ
08-11-2002, 09:05 PM
Actually, I was referring to earlier posts of our snake lovers who had family members who were rather grossed out by frozen mice!

No problem. Besides, these actually look worse than a frozen mouse. :D